Nature Video: Cat domestication: From farms to sofas
Felix media outlet coverage
– Ecology&Evolution: Cats love fish, don’t they?
– Project Repository Journal: The feline enigma: exploring the origins, dispersal and evolution of domestic cats
– Eoswetenschap article: Archaeological cat remains bring the history of the domestic cat to life, an interview with Bea De Cupere (for Dutch readers)
– Archaeo-café podcast: Episode 2-34 – Palaeofelinology: an interview with Claudio Ottoni
– Uniroma2 website: A history of Cat-Human relationship: 2mln granted by ERC to the Felix project
Media outlet coverage (Nat Eco Evo 2017 publication)
– Science Online News: Ancient Egyptians may have given cats the personality to conquer the world
– National Geographic: Cats Domesticated Themselves, Ancient DNA Shows
– The Atlantic: How Cats Used Humans to Conquer the World
– BBC: How cats conquered the ancient world
– Washington Post: Long before they conquered the Internet, cats took over the world
– Repubblica: Le origini del gatto domestico? “Si è fatto adottare già nella preistoria, lo conferma il Dna”
– EL Pais: Tu gato desciende del gato salvaje africano
Other media coverage
– Science News: China’s most mysterious wildcat may not be its own species
– National Geographic “House cat ancestors’ remains found in Polish caves—2,000 miles from home”
– CNN “Cats may have been pets along the Silk Road over 1,000 years ago”.
– Science News “Viking cat skeletons reveal a surprising growth in the size of felines over time”.
– EMBO Reports – Science and Society “The genetics of domestication”
Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1 - 00173 Roma
+39 06 72594391
+39 06 72594391